There has never been a better time to develop gas storage than now.
Don't miss the pre-conference workshop
Outlook For Gas Storage and Gas Storage Valuation
- Position your project or strategy using the most up-to-date valuation data and insights (both extrinsic and transactional values)
- Learn how to manage construction costs, engineering risk, and maximize development opportunities
- Anticipate and overcome permitting and regulatory hurdles
- Understand how leading gas storage financiers view the role of contracts, market vs. cost-based rates, trends in sale prices and M&A, and impact of the credit crunch
- Active storage developers present 5 real-world case studies, including two greenfield developments, enhancement of existing storage, acquisition and development of an existing project, and an above-ground storage project
About the Conference
There has never been a better time to develop gas storage than now. High gas prices, rising volatility and liquidity of gas markets have increased the intrinsic and extrinsic value of storage facilities to both active market participants and investors, driving an unprecedented round of acquisition and aggregation plays. MLP valuations of cash- flowing assets are at record levels; strategic buyers are forced to compete with MLPs, driving in turn storage facility transactional value. Players in the gas market are stepping up their efforts to develop or acquire more storage capacity, even flipping projects before they are permitted. These trends have seen real-world validation in three recent deals, where storage projects have been flipped for high dollar value and multiples.
Gas storage, while highly lucrative, is also a highly specialized area, with a limited number of people who have successfully developed, enhanced and flipped projects. To play in this space, you need to have a firm knowledge of the market and locational pricing dynamics, valuation parameters, and selling and contracting strategies. For developers of new projects, geological, technical, contracting, environmental/permitting and construction risk factors must be mastered, and deals strategically structured to attract the best financing.
This Gas Storage Development Tutorial, building on Infocast’s line of Project Finance Tutorials, will assemble the top developers, lawyers, analysts, and financiers in the field. Structured in a methodical, step-by-step fashion, you will learn what it takes to bring a gas storage project to a profitable outcome.