Stay Ahead of the Curve and Position
Your Organization to Thrive
in the Power Industry of the Future
Regulators, Utilities, Energy Consumers and the Distributed Generation, Energy Storage, Microgrid and Smart Grid Communities Gather to Discuss:
- Strategic changes transforming the power industry by the penetration of disruptive technologies
- Unfolding regulatory, technical and business issues that will radically reshape the industry
- Emerging working relationships between different industry groups responding to industry changes
Rapid advances in and deployment of grid-connected and behind the meter technologies—distributed generation, energy storage, microgrids, smart grid and consumer technologies—are driving changes that have the potential to revolutionize the way electricity is delivered to customers in the future. These changes are raising profound questions about the foundations of our century-old electric power infrastructure. They have also spawned a whole series of regulatory, technical and business issues that must be resolved—and the answers may radically reshape the power industry. Every company in the industry needs to stay on top of the vital strategic ramifications and opportunities as the transformation unfolds.
The Power Industry Transformation Summit will bring together regulators, utilities, energy consumers and the distributed generation, energy storage, micogrid and smart grid communities to explore new opportunities and develop solutions to challenges facing the industry. They will engage in a constructive dialogue about how to transition from current to future industry structures and models that can efficiently respond to consumer preferences. The Summit will also keep industry players up-to-date on the critical strategic changes brought on by further market penetration of disruptive technologies. It will provide a rich opportunity for more intimate discussions about these critical issues. By helping participants from different industry groups establish collaborative working relationships, the Summit will serve as a springboard for building cross-industry partnerships.
The major themes the Summit will address are:
- What impact will distributed generation and its supporting technologies have on the electric power industry in the near- and long-term? How will they drive future industry transition?
- What will the future of the industry look like? What is the end-game?
- What regulatory framework will be needed to support this future and how will it be brought about?
- What are the regulatory, technical and business issues that need to be worked out and settled among industry players, regulators and other stakeholders? How can this be facilitated?
- What market realignments will be set in motion?
- How does each of the industry segments tap into the opportunities created by the changes?
Changes are on the way for the industry and all companies will have to adapt. The Summit is your opportunity to stay ahead of the curve and position your organization to thrive in the future!